Why aren't subscribers being added to my MailChimp list?
There can be a few reasons why customer email addresses aren't being added as new subscribers to your MailChimp list.
- You have the MailChimp list enabled. In your Dashboard check the MailChimp integration is enabled and has the correct list selected.
- Once a customer is added MailChimp sends a subscription confirmation email. The new subscriber must click the link in this email to be added to the mailing list. You can find out more about MailChimps confirmation process in their knowledge base article.
- MailChimp blocks some addresses from being added to the list. For example, an email address beginning with '[email protected]' or '[email protected]' will be blocked. You can find the full list of blocked addresses in the MailChimp documentation.
- If the email address has already been subscribed, then the subscription confirmation email will not be sent out.
Required fields causing 'Merge fields were invalid'
If you have your MailChimp list configured to require certain fields (for example, First name) MailChimp may not allow Back in Stock to add subscribers to this list.
To check if you have any required fields:
- Login to MailChimp and select the mailing list
- Under settings choose List fields and *|MERGE|* tags
Check if any fields other than email address are marked as Required. To change the fields so they are not required uncheck the box in the Required? column.
Still having trouble?
If you're still not seeing the subscribers added to your list please contact support and we can test the setup for you.